8.31pm post from my office desk

And guess what? Im feeling strangely happy.

There's an increasingly fulfilling feeling I get out of this job. The scope is literally limitless - you have the absolute freedom to decide how much you want to learn, how much you're willing to put in.
So much new knowledge to absorb every single day you wonder how those long timers keep up.

It's a brutal industry - truly only the fittest survive. "Fittest" does not refer to brawn, competitive advantage really boils down to sharpness of individual insights, and level of aggressiveness in marketing and implementation.

I remember when I was being interviewed by my then manager. When I asked her to describe "a typical day in the office", she said,"No two days are the same. Work scope varies from day to day." Haha what an understatement. No wonder she had that slightly apologetic expression on her face.

xxxxx

Life is not all about work!

I shall give myself a virtual pat on the shoulder here and now. Am going for a volunteering brief this Saturday, if it sounds worthwhile I can finally get off my lazy ass.
November and December are typically the most socially active months. Need to line up all those meetups, too many people I haven't caught up with in a long time. Now it's becoming really challenging, everybody's got other commitments, work takes up a ridiculously high % of our waking hours. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment